Website D'Addario & Company
D’Addario & Company is the largest manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories in the world. As a US based manufacturing company, we pride ourselves on high automation machinery and innovative technology, as well as environmentally sustainable practices.
We are currently looking for a Percussion Team Product Manager to join our growing, progressive, and collaborative work environment. The Product Manager is responsible for managing his/her product line(s), including product development, market launches and P&L ownership of the assigned business. This person will report directly to our Vice President of Percussion and will be part of the commercial team led by the Chief Revenue Officer (“CRO”). He/she will work closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and Marketing teams. The position will interact directly with the Chief Innovation Officer, CMO, General Counsel, Director of Operations or other Executives as projects dictate.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to build a career with one of the most highly regarded organizations in the industry.
- Product Development. Fill and replenish the innovation pipeline with a market driven approach, utilizing data, consumer insight, and market understanding as the foundation for product ideation and validation. Create requirements and success factors and work closely with engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain to deliver products on-time and on-budget.
- Brand Strategy and Planning. Working with the Vice President of the Business Unit, develop global strategic plan and direction for the brand/product line, including line logic, pricing, and positioning while maintaining a deep understanding of global markets and the competition. Generate and maintain 2-3 year business/financial plan for projected sales, profit and spend.
- Data Analysis & Modeling. Collect and analyze data related to business results, consumer behavior, technical product performance, QA/QC, digital properties, and marketing activities. Create experimental frameworks to collect data where there are outages, and transform data into actionable insights.
- Marketing and Promotion. Working closely with the VP of Percussion, the CMO, and Director of Strategy, create and manage marketing and communication plans for both new and core product initiatives.
- Product Go-To-Market. Manage product launch plans and roadmaps and ensure successful support and product adoption on a global level.
- Product Operations. Work within the value stream to drive critical product/business activities, including; financial decisions, forecasts, schedules, materials, production planning and quality.
- Sales Support. Coordinate with team members (domestic, international, OEM) for successful sales planning. Engage with key accounts, as needed, and develop reliable barometers of market share in primary markets globally.
- Team Management. Hire, train and develop product team to successfully execute strategies and tactics.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Engineering, Business, Industrial Design or a related, relevant field. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of marketing, product management or sales management experience.
- Passion for music & musical instruments. The ability to play an instrument, especially percussion/drums is preferred
- Experience in music, consumer electronics, consumer packaged goods, or other more highly emotional product category is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of at least five professionals.
- Strategic, analytical, financial, and critical thinking ability. Adept at deciphering the most critical data points and proficient in attaining it from company’s data management resources. Ability to successfully manage a product / brand P&L is a must.
- Strong marketing and project management experience as evidenced by a demonstrated history of leading and motivating cross-functional teams in support of successful product launches.
- Entrepreneurial thinking ability. Must be able to motivate direct reports, sales staff, and customers to effectively support the selected strategies and tactics.
- Sharp public speaking and presentation skills.
- Candidate must have strong leadership, business and interpersonal skills
- Product/Project Management experience in consumer electronics a plus
To apply for this job please visit careers-daddario.icims.com.