manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories
D’Addario & Company is the largest manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories in the world. As a US based manufacturing company, we pride ourselves on high automation machinery and innovative technology, as well as our commitment to environmentally sustainable practices. Through our D’Addario Foundation we are committed to helping make music education possible and ensuring thousands of children can participate in instrument instruction programs in underserved communities. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on our diverse team of individuals who commit to the embodiment of our core values of curiosity, passion, candor, family and responsibility and translate them into action every day.
We are currently looking for a Territory Sales Representative to join our growing, progressive, and collaborative work environment. The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for developing trusted relationships with key music retailers and distributors who predominantly service schools or school music customer, as well as people and organizations that have market influence within the assigned territory. This person is expected to attain a thorough understanding of key customer needs and develop solutions that meet their objectives with our portfolio of products and services. This Representative would be responsible for overseeing accounts in the Central US to Eastern US territories. Travel may be required.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to build a career with one of the most highly regarded organizations in the industry.
- Achieving the overall sales objectives and targets established for all D’Addario brands with assigned accounts
- Managing the representation of D’Addario products with assigned accounts and directly selling them to those customers and sharing company initiatives and goals.
- Developing and implementing overall sales and marketing strategy for the assigned territory including co-op advertising, merchandising, regional events, identifying key market influencers, sales training and more as outlined by Key Account Plans
- Tracking and analyzing sales progress against objectives, key competitor activity, and sales opportunities within assigned territory and communicating significant issues to management
- Maintain a business relationship with each assigned key account (top 50% of business) via in person meetings, telephone, email, etc. on a regular basis, including the solicitation of orders as necessary
- At least five years of experience as a sales representative in the field selling to the retail trade
- At least two years of experience managing key accounts
- Some supervisory or personnel management experience preferred
- Experience in the music industry strongly preferred
- Experience with school music retailers and/or woodwinds and orchestral instruments preferred
- Candidate should have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A strong background selling to retail accounts and in-depth knowledge of the music retail operations.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to establish key account objectives, achieve sales goals and build professional business relationships.
- The ability to quantitatively analyze and interpret sales data
To apply for this job please visit careers-daddario.icims.com.