manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories
D’Addario & Company is the largest manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument accessories in the world. As a US based manufacturing company, we pride ourselves on high automation machinery and innovative technology, as well as our commitment to environmentally sustainable practices. Through our D’Addario Foundation we are committed to helping make music education possible and ensuring thousands of children can participate in instrument instruction programs in under-served communities. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on our diverse team of individuals who commit to the embodiment of our core values of curiosity, passion, candor, family and responsibility and translate them into action every day.
We are currently seeking an Artist and Influencer Marketing Director to join our growing, progressive, and collaborative work environment. This position would be part of D’Addario’s Global Artist Marketing team for our global Guitar+(strings and accessories) division and will report directly to the Global Director of Artist Relations. In this role, you will help reach our goal of positioning D’Addario as a maverick brand that offers the most cutting-edge and innovative products to guitar players all over the world. We’ll work together to create and implement the go-to-market strategy for Guitar+ artist and influencer marketing — elevating D’Addario through our engagement across product, marketing, promotions and direct sales to consumers. You’ll be responsible for continuing D’Addario’s legacy of world-class service, while identifying new growth opportunities for both the artists endorsing these brands and the brands themselves. This position would be a hybrid role and require the candidate to work on-site in the office approximately 2-3 days per week.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to build a career with one of the most highly regarded organizations in the industry.
- Implement an annual Guitar+ Artist Marketing plan to guide the internal organization in the prioritization, development and execution of ongoing artist-based initiatives.
- Identify key influencers in the Guitar+ space who can amplify our message, burnish our brand, and convert sales.
- Heavy emphasis on identifying emerging, technically proficient artists & influencers across all relevant genres and styles of music to expand our brands’ existing connections and create long lasting industry relationships. The end result being a global network of devoted brand evangelists.
- Work with artists and bands to create custom merchandise to be sold on the road, and via their own and their partners’ web stores (label, merch company, etc).
- Work closely with social leads to create relevant artist and influencer social postings on behalf of our priority products and campaigns.
- Partner with internal marketing, product and sales teams to ensure effective artist integration, communication and involvement. Work closely with all the functional marketing leads at D’Addario to support the ongoing planning and execution of all marketing activities and requests, across PR, Social Media, Retail, Content, Events and Digital.
- Provide support & service to all Guitar+ artists, including expedient, accurate and professional order support, product information and customer service
- Align artists with D’Addario product launches, marketing campaigns and initiatives, while also creating opportunities for D’Addario to support artists in their efforts to drive awareness, create demand for their music and build our community.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience working with artists, either directly or indirectly, to successfully develop and execute marketing strategies, increase awareness, build community and create demand.
- Strong understanding of the D’Addario brands and products and proven ability to drive brand aligned/ artist-first marketing promotions, concepts, activations & media partnerships to generate earned media awareness, buzz and sentiment.
- A true passion and keen understanding of social media and the invaluable role Influencers will play in elevating our brand. An understanding of all social channels, their nuances and paid strategies, as well as an inherent understanding of which influencers are the right fit for D’Addario.
- Demonstrated experience implementing strategic plans, focusing on priorities, KPI’s, ROI and execution.
- Strong working knowledge of building artists and brands across digital, social media, PR, content, advertising and retail.
- Comfortable negotiating usage rights and clearances with artist management, agents and labels, as needed.
- The ability to customize strategies by brand, by country.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daddario.icims.com.